Tuesday, January 29, 2013

How we're coming along in 2013

So far the month of January has been pretty crazy. I thought I might be able to have a little break after finishing my chemo on the 4th. Lilly has been ill since just after Christmas. She had RSV and a kidney infection. We went to Primary Children's Hospital to have them look at her kidneys. We were sent back to a urologist. Lilly has what's called reflux. Presley also had this as a baby and had surgery to fix it. Her urine flows back into her kidneys causing repeated infection. Children with reflux are graded on a scale from 1-5, 5 being the worst. Lilly is at a 3. This means that there is a 70% chance she will get better on her own without surgery. Lilly is on a low dose of antibiotics which is good, but the bad part is it will take 3 years to tell if she'll outgrow it. This means she will be on antibiotics during this time.

I have been doing ok. I have my scan in about ten days. I've been tired and nights are not fun with a sick baby, but I think we've made it through the hardest part. Now I'm trying to retrain Lilly to sleep during the night. She's cutting more teeth. She has been crawling around like crazy and pulls herself up on everything. Presley went to Georgia again this last weekend to retake his Clinicals and he passed! We are very excited. He just n has to take a national licensure test and he can begin working as an RN.

No comments:

Post a Comment